Date:Thursday December 29 2011
Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony has set out his philosophy for the coming year and pledged to Posh fans that Peterborough United will strive to do the following in 2012:
• Support our first team, the manager and his staff as best we can to ensure that we continue to perform and be successful on the field of play each time we enter it.
• Give value for money every time we enter the field of play and that will be illustrated in the way we play the game. This will not change as everybody at Posh is committed to producing and playing free-flowing passing football with goals.
• Improve the service we give to our fans off the field. Often we are criticised and rightly so in some ways, but we know what we need to address and slowly we are going about making our fans` experience an A-Z enjoyable one.
• Continue to work our asses off in the community as we have done for years now without fail.
• Produce our own home-grown footballers from our youth set-up so that we as a club can be self sustainable without a sugar daddy benefactor.
• This will mean continued investment of millions of pounds which we are committed to fulfilling so that within three to four years over 50 per cent of our first team are players produced internally at our football club.
• At present we are in the process of handing five-year contracts to five of our youth players aged between 15-18 who will be a permanent part of our first team squad, some this season, all of them next.
• Invest more money in our new training facility which is already looking incredible and which the coaching staff absolutely love using day to day.
• We will build a 3G pitch within 18 months and also design on-site facilities which will allow us to relocate the majority of London Road staff there full time until such time as we own our ground.
• Work hard with our supportive City Council to upgrade our aged stadium into a modern community stadium that the Peterborough community can be proud to use.
• Show the football world that it`s not just about money when it comes to winning, but sometimes about policies, ideology and determination which can be just as effective.
• Never put your football club in any financial danger or the predicament many other clubs find themselves in. Owners come and go, but for fans, it`s in their blood and they are the ones who suffer most when a club ends up in financial peril.
"Other than that, can I just say to everybody out there have a fantastic 2012. Thanks for supporting us in our quest to please you and make you proud of your football club." MacAnthony said to The Peterborough Evening Telegraph.
MacAnthony continued: "Thank you for the amazing support in 2011 on our roller-coaster via the play-offs back to the Championship. Without the support of our hard core fan base, none of that would have been possible against all odds.
UP THE POSH
Follow me on Twitter: @mwl1967
Join Vital Peterborough United!
With news and views, along with a forum, polls and article comments, everything you need in a fans site is right here!
Vital Posh is 100% interactive. Not only can you have your say on the articles and the forum but you can also suggest an article or a poll so you can air your views.
So why not join Vital Posh today?
It's easy to REGISTER HERE. Simply click the link and enjoy getting involved!.
To visit the message board, click here.
This website is your website and we are looking for people to help run the site. Do you go to most of the games and have an opinion? Why not write a match report? Perhaps you are a budding journalist or even just someone who is very opinionated? Well why not join our team? If this interests you please contact Vital Posh at email@example.com .
Vital Peterborough is also on:
Article information from www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk
Date:Thursday December 29 2011
The MacAttack Returns To Posh (Wednesday November 26 2014)
RIP London Road, Hello ABAX Stadium!! (Wednesday November 26 2014)
Ref Watch: Peterborough United v Bristol City (Wednesday November 26 2014)
Fergie Backed With New Player (Tuesday November 25 2014)
Posh v Bristol City - League One Predictions (Tuesday November 25 2014)
Vital Posh MOTM v Swindon Town Poll (Sunday November 23 2014)
Rate The Ref - Posh v Swindon - Phil Gibbs (Sunday November 23 2014)
Vital Posh MOTM Results -V- Walsall (Sunday November 23 2014)
Stats: Peterborough United v Swindon Town (Sunday November 23 2014)
Motorpoint "Moyes End" Stand To Open (Friday November 21 2014)
|5. Sheff Utd||17||9||3||5||4||30|
|6. Notts County||17||8||5||4||8||29|
|Bradshaw and Mantom 50/50 For Coventry
» Walsall : 27/11/2014 10:09:00
|Saddlers Next for Sky Blues
» Coventry : 27/11/2014 09:02:00
|The MacAttack Returns To Posh
» Peterborough : 26/11/2014 20:52:00
|DRFC Midfielder walking disciplinary tightrope
» Doncaster : 26/11/2014 20:17:00
|Fulham Striker Set To Sign For City?
» Bristol City : 26/11/2014 19:18:00